Friday, August 10, 2012

While I Seat with my daughter.

I have not forgotten you my dear friends, I just have been so very busy after we came back from vacation...
And my daughter just had surgery today and took all 4 of her wisdom teeth...
The poor baby...she was so upset and cried all morning and of course that is so hard on us Moms... I wish I could take the pain and make her feel better...
I have set here in my family room and watched her all day... and just prayed that she feels better soon...
While I set with her I got a few things finished... and started...
Remember my yellow shawl I started while on vacation ???
Well... I was working on it while sitting in the sun...


Then we got home and I decided to do something a bit different so decided to add some beads to the edge...


That was a little crazy and it took quiet some time to finish it ...I even requested my daughters help as I had to change several attempts in order to have the beads weaved in...



I was very happy with the end result... and off I went to block it... 



Now that is the final Tah-Dah...
I'm really happy and although I really enjoy the sun and do not want summer to end... I know I'll really enjoy the first time I get to wear this one :) 




Now As I mentioned I have also started a few new projects and have been working on some other ones ...
But I do have to go and tend to my daughter as I'm all her today and this weekend...
But before I go here are a few of my favorite flowers from Hawaii...
such pretty gift to us...



Thanks for visiting me again and I hope to see you soon again.
Have a wonderful weekend :)
Taci 

13 comments:

  1. Sending get well wishes to your daughter for a speedy recovery. I LOVE your shawl! It is very nice and how did you have patience with those tiny beads? Well, it turn out just lovely!
    Shari ")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shari ! She is strong and will be better in no time. :)

      Delete
    2. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out in 1998. It wasn't that bad. Hope as recovers quickly!

      Love your shawl! It's gorgeous! Love the beads!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Robyn... I just want her to feel better, so I'm spending the whole weekend doing everything for her :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's just lovely! I love the edging, and the beads--great job. Hugs to your girl--the wisdom teeth removal is tough; I remember it well. Snuggle her up in your gorgeous shawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten. I wll. She is starting to feel a tiny little bit better :)

      Delete
  3. Bello crochet! Great idea with the beads. This will be perfect for the fall weather we are having out here.
    I pray your daughter feels better soon
    Gabli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting your wisdom teeth out really sucks, I hope she is feeling better! Your shawl is beautiful, and your crochet hooks are super cute too!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for yr comment Kimberly! I love yr blog. I made the handles for my needles... I looked online for ideas and made them out of polymer clay...I didn't love making it, but love the result. :) thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful shawl! I love the beading around the edge, too!
    Have a super weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course like your web-site but you need to take a look at
    the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and
    I in finding it very troublesome to tell the truth
    nevertheless I’ll surely come again again.
    water Zorb Balls Hire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read many blogs in the past, but to tell you the truth since i came across this one i found that it really stands out. People need to post more quality content like this.
    Antique Silver Dinner Sets

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)