Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day ...

Today has been a very important and emotional day for our family.

As I'm from Brazil we have been watching soccer and the World Cup this whole month... Today we had a very important game for Brazil and we won ... And it was so great for me to have my friends here in our house with us to watch the game and then quickly transition to our 4th of July - independent Day festivities ... It makes me so proud to be Brazilian but to also know that a huge part of me is now an American ... So proud to be here in the land of the free and in this great country who accepts me for who I am...

So, today I want to thank all of you, my friends and my family, who have helped me to "become" an American in my heart, to love our country and our land and to be so grateful to be here.

Hope you are celebrating and having fun with your family and friends... We are enjoying a great day together... Enjoying a great dinner, a delicious desert, and a little bit of crochet.

Happy Independence Day to all of you !!!



























7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Taci! We are enjoying our freedom with family and friends, hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelon, patriotic marching music and now I am off to see some fireworks. Wishing you and yours much joy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your team!!! I love all of your Americana decor! Especially the crochet bunting????
    Happy 4th!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you have lots of reason to celebrate Taci, how exciting - and I believe we all do, wherever we are whatever we do - just because we are blessed with wonderful life. Enjoy your time with family and friends and I guess this could also be a house-warming too? xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am new to your blog! Just wanted to say that I loved your crochet bunting!! Very festive and pretty indeed. I hope that you had a great time yesterday, it looks as though you did! I look forward to reading more from you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part of the whole soccer game was the Brazilian players comforting The Colombian players, amazing, they were not running around and celebrating they were talking to those who lost and telling them how good they played. Have a wonderful weekend my Brazilian/American friend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your team win Taci! How exciting that must be for you. And I, for one, am so glad that you decided to come to America. You are a wonderful friend to me and I feel so blessed to know you. Love the crocheted buntings and all of the red, white and blue. I'll be heading to Portland soon to help Mandyy with a garage sale before the big move. I really hope to see you girls while I'm there.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Taci. I love all the decorations etc you had for July 4th, especially the bunting! . Sadly I have just watched the Brazil v Germany match - so sad for your team. Take care. Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)